- AM Run: 5.39 Mi - 1,400' - 1:14 - Easy: Hike / jog up Saints with Jess then ran down the back side. The sun finally came out after a few days of snow and warmed the temps back up into the 20's. Legs were a little sore from yesterday's outing.
- PM Rock Climbing: Bouldered after 2 rest days. Expected to feel great but still had some trouble on the same old ones... Thinking I need to hit the weights again and work on some different and harder problems. Maybe even to some more climbing specific exercises with the hands?
- PM Run: 4.16 Mi - 0' - 0:30 - Easy: Treadmill at Movement after climbing again. Seems to be my new routine to warm the legs up and get in a good foam roll / stretching session.
- AM Core Workout: The usual 500 workout in the basement.
- AM Strength Workout: Weight session in the basement following the core workout.
- AM Run: 5.02 Mi - 200' - 0:51 - Easy: Birthday trot around the CU XC course with Jess. Taking it super chill today since I'm still a bit sore from Saturday and want to do a workout tomorrow. Did core/weights and plan on climbing later though!
- PM Rock Climbing: Conditioning sessions, lots and lots of up/down laps on V0's & V1's. My arms were pretty tired by the end, nearly 2.5 hrs of bouldering. Forearms were not swollen though!
- PM Run: 12.84 Mi - 800' - 1:29 - Tempo: Wanted to run in the middle of the day but it was windy with gusts near 40 mph... waited till just before dark to get out in hopes that it would die down a bit. With the snow on the trails I did the tempo on the roads. Ended up with 3 mi warm up, 7 mi tempo w HR between 145-155 (Splits: 5:51, 5:53, 5:30, 5:26, 5:34, 5:39, 6:06), then a 2.5 mi cool down. That last tempo mile my stomach was off and I started to get some chafing. Overall a descent effort considering the conditions.
- PM Rock Climbing: New problems on the bouldering wall, started working on a fun V4 traverse that wraps around the corner before going up. Left forearm was pretty achy from yesterday so I took it super easy to make sure it recovers.
- AM Run: 5.62 Mi - 800' - 0:57 - Easy: Shannahan to Greenbriar. Left calf was pretty sore but overall felt descent, until my low back seized up all of a sudden about 3 miles in. That was weird.. was achy the rest of the day after that.
- PM Run: 4.71 Mi - 100' - 0:40 - Easy: Super chill out n back at the Res. Back felt much better and my calf did as well. Awesome sunset reflected by the water too, should have taken the GoPro.
- AM Run: 9.19 Mi - 1,000' - 1:28 - Easy: Did a little bit around the CU xc course then a loop up around Shannahan ridge. Left calf was pretty sore still from Tuesdays workout and my legs were just a little tired overall.
- PM Rock Climbing: Rope climbed a couple 5.10 B/C's then went back to one of the 5.11 A's that has given me trouble and still couldn't do it... I realized I was missing a hold though so hopefully next time. Finished out on the bouldering wall for a bit with the V4 traverse (still working on it), finally got the V3 in the cave, and then did some up/down laps on the V1 in the cave.
- AM Run: 5.08 Mi - 400' - 0:38 - Easy: Quick road loop from home, legs are feeling a little heavy. I think I need to stretch / form roll more.
- PM Rock Climbing: Solo sesh on the boulders. It was kid hour so I ended up doing laps in the cave again. Didn't climb too long though, arms were sore.
- PM Run: 5.08 Mi - 400' - 0:38 - Easy: Treadmill trot after climbing then stretched out pretty good.
- AM Run: 20.17 Mi - 1,000' - 2:15 - Long: 1,000' - Knocked out a solid 16 before jogging the last 4 home super easy. All on the bike paths. Averaged just a hair under 6:01 mile pace before shutting it down. Haven't done that for 15+ miles since college. Just wish I had some other guys to do that with, this solo training thing (in Boulder of all places) is getting a little old.
Running: 76.27 Mi - 5,700' - 10:31
Core/Strength: 2 Sessions
Rock Climbing: 5 Sessions
Running: 3,056.68 Mi - 557,400' - 529:20
Road Biking: 666.78 Mi - 27,600' - 50:29
Skate Skiing: 210.68 Mi - 15,700' - 25:04
Mountain Biking: 34.97 Mi - 2,200' - 3:27
Hiking: 24.51 Mi - 9,500' - 13:26
Elliptical: 8.53 Mi - na' - 1:00
Core/Strength: 62 Sessions
Rock Climbing: 35 Sessions
Slack Lining: 3 Session
Mtn Summits: 83 Summits - 18 Unique