- AM Run: 18.44 Mi - 5,500' - 3:39 - Long: Probably a little too long today, but I was enjoying myself high up on the ridge too much to go down. Scouted about 25k of the course, now time to take it easy the rest of the week.
- AM Run: 4.61 Mi - 400' - 0:45 - Easy: Since I over did it yesterday, today and tomorrow will be very easy. Trying to get some pop back in my step after all that vert over the weekend.
- AM Run: 5.11 Mi - 1,100' - 0:45 - Easy: Out to the airport and back with a little add on up a small hill just to get some views. Really wishing there were better trails down low. Everything good is up high and the roads / sidewalks near the beach are crowded with people and traffic.
- PM Run: 2.61 Mi - 400' - 0:21 - Easy: Just a little 20 minute shake out before heading downtown. Legs felt much better on this run, a little right in my left IT but nothing to be concerned about. Just a result of overdoing it on the weekend.
- PM Run: 5.92 Mi - 300' - 0:41 - Tempo: Short and quick workout. Easy 2 mile warm up with Lucho then I did a 2 mile tempo (Splits: 5:34, 5:30) and finished with nearly the same cool down route as the warm up. Legs felt alright, had to dodge a lot of people.
- PM Run: 4.26 Mi - 400' - 0:36 - Easy: Another out and back along the ocean... its the only flat run around. 36 hours till go time!
- Day Off: Just wanted to rest.
- AM Run: 45.31 Mi - 14,600' - 8:40 - RACE: I felt awesome for the first hour of climbing, then somewhere along the descent into El Pilar I could feel my legs getting heavy. By the time I hit the 30k mark and began the second climb they were useless... worked my way to the top, ended up getting some bad chafing. Got the chafing taken care of by the high point and started to run normal again on the descent.. started feeling good, then great and eventually finished strong picking people off one by one. Weird how my legs fall apart in the middle only.. need to adjust my training or race strategy.. or something. Awesome race though, the atmosphere was unbelievable. (Race Report)
Running: 86.26 Mi - 22,700' - 15:27
Running: 1,451.68 Mi - 253,200' - 222:49
Skate Skiing: 210.68 Mi - 15,700' - 25:04
Road Biking: 117.07 Mi - 3,700' - 8:42