- Day Off:
- Day Off:
- AM Run: 27.73 Mi - 8,600' - 5:25 - Long: Well, I had planned on a 10 mile relatively flat run. So much for that. My legs felt pretty good which surprised me so I decided to climb up into the clouds, then above them, then I figured I might as well get to the top... I also planned on hitching a ride back once I got down to a road (around mile 18), but there weren't any cars. Fun run though, just a bit more than I would have liked to do. Only had a couple bottles of water and 2 gels too..
- AM Run: 13.46 Mi - 4,000' - 3:10 - Long: Probably just as much hiking as running. My legs were tired, but my eagerness to explore got the better of me again. Unfortunately for me there are NO flat trails on this oasis of an island. I also wasn't planning on running for 3 hrs and didn't take any water or food. The next 9 days here will either break me or make me very strong.. hopefully the later.
- AM Run: 10.02 Mi - 1,100' - 1:16 - Easy: The flattest run I can do on this island.. Sidewalks and roads from Santa Cruz de La Palma to the airport and beyond. Finished at the natural pools near the airport and met Christina (My CSing host) there and went for a swim.
- AM Run: 4.45 Mi - 300' - 0:37 - Easy: Legs felt like hell.. heavy and flat. Stomach was off too. Combined with running on sidewalks through crowds of people it was definitely not the most enjoyable run. Groin was pretty tight as well. Tomorrow will be a very easy day, guaranteed.
- AM Run: 10.67 Mi - 1,400' - 1:34 - Easy: 1,400' - Another "flat" run along the coast on the sidewalks & roads between Santa Cruz de La Palma and the airport. Legs / groin felt much better, still took it super easy though.
- AM Run: 5.53 Mi - 700' - 0:45 - Easy: To Los Concohos and back. Legs felt light and loose, just a little knot in the right hip flexor in the middle of the run.
- AM Run: 19.01 Mi - 5,400' - 3:30 - Long: Explored on the northwest part of La Palma after catching a ride with some friends who were going up to do some repelling. Dropped down to the ocean, ran a few miles in and out and up and down along trail 130, then climbed back up. The trail back up was awesome, then I added on an out and back to put in a few more miles. Felt like crap for the first couple hrs, then felt pretty good at the end.
Running: 90.87 Mi - 21,500' - 16:17
Running: 1,542.55 Mi - 274,700' - 239:06
Skate Skiing: 210.68 Mi - 15,700' - 25:04
Road Biking: 117.07 Mi - 3,700' - 8:42