- AM Run: 14.08 Mi - 2,000' - 1:55 - Moderate: Fun run with Karl Meltzer. Ran up to Big Mountain Pass and crossed a section of the Speedgoat 50k course. This was the longest run I have done since January 1st.
- PM Skate Ski: 7.45 Mi - 700' - 0:55 - Easy: Met up with Canice Harte for an easy skat in Park City. There is barely any snow up there.. icy trails and bare dirt nearly everywhere else.
- Day Off.
- PM Run: 10.23 Mi - 1,400' - 1:23 - Easy: Flew into LA today, then drove up to Malibu Creek State Park to check out the first section of the course. A little route finding and exploring around the area, but I think I got it.
- PM Run: 9.72 Mi - 2,100' - 1:24 - Easy: Ran the middle section of the SOB50 course today, an out n back on the Backbone Trail. Climbed up to the high point and got a nice view looking out towards the ocean. Hot today, 80-85 degrees.
- PM Run: 5.72 Mi - 500' - 0:43 - Easy: Met Bryon Powel of www.irunfar.com for an easy run in Malibu Creek SP. We ran back to where M.A.S.H. was filmed and got a couple cool photos. After the run I did a pre-race interview with him.
- AM Run: 3.15 Mi - 500' - 0:27 - Easy: A quick little shake out run with Chris Vargo, Mike Aish, & Bryon Powel this morning. Enjoying the last run with fresh legs before tomorrow SOB50 thrashing.
- AM Run: 50.00 Mi - 11,800' - 7:23 - RACE: The Sean O'Brian 50 in Malibu Creek SP, California. I went into the race not knowing how my body would hold up since my training has been very sub par. My achilles was fine, but my fitness was not there. Ran with the leaders for 23 miles then could not climb for the life of me.. ended up dropping to 10th before working back to 7th by the end. I can't complain.
Running: 92.77 Mi - 18,300' - 13:15
Skate Skiing: 7.54 Mi - 700' - 0:55
Skate Skiing: 210.68 Mi - 15,700' - 25:04
Running: 202.19 Mi - 29,600' - 28:05
Core/Strength: 10 Sessions
After 4 weeks of very minimal training and dealing with an achilles tendinitis flare up I was able to at least get out for a solid 50 mile training run in Cali at the SOB50. So all is not lost and I hope to get back into a more normal training routine by the end of February... once I recover from the race of course.