- PM Skate Ski: 31.08 Mi - 2,200' - 3:07 - Easy: Best I have ever felt on skate skies. V2 felt smooth all day and after taking yesterday off / not doing as much strength workouts last week I felt great on the climbs too.
- AM Skate Ski: 24.71 Mi - 2,000' - 2:36 - Tempo Intervals: Skied with Sean. Warmed up for about 45 minutes then did 3 x 10 minutes at a temp effort, first half flat / second half on a gradual climb. Felt a bit tired from the long ski yesterday but glad to get a hard effort in. Finished with an easy ski out the Slate and back to town.
- PM Run: 8.46 Mi - 600' - 0:06 - Easy: FINALLY!! A run where I didn't feel my Achilles at all. Ran out Slate River Rd since it was mostly melted and the sun was still shining over there. Headed to SLC tomorrow then Cali in a week.
- Strength Workout.
- Day Off.
- PM Run: 11.75 Mi - 1,800' - 1:48 - Easy: First "longish" run in weeks. Planned on doing 7-10 on relative flats here in SLC, UT but got a little taste of dry single track and climbed to a ridge and Ensine Peak to find some more. Felt fine until the last mile when I started noticing my achilles.
- AM Run: 9.36 Mi - 700' - 1:15 - Easy: Drove up one of the canyons with Zac Marion for a relatively flat run. Got some good shots and found some more dry trails then headed to day 2 or Outdoor Retailer.
- Day Off.
- AM Run: 9.58 Mi - 2,000' - 1:28 - Easy: A fun run up to Ensine Peak again with Altra teammates Jason Schlarb and Duncan Callahan, as well as Craig Lloyd, and Leslie Howlett. This is the first run in nearly 3 weeks without any achilles issues. About time!
Skate Skiing: 55.79 Mi - 4,200' - 5:43
Running: 39.15 Mi - 5,100' - 5:37
Core/Strength: 1 Session
Skate Skiing: 203.14 Mi - 15,000' - 24:09
Running: 109.42 Mi - 11,300' - 14:50
Core/Strength: 10 Sessions
Still not the largest volume week, but with traveling to SLC, UT for Outdoor Retailer I'll take it. I am finally back to running a bit with little to no issues and got in a couple solid days on my skate skies before leaving CB. It was nice getting out with some friends / very talented runners while at the show. One week out from the Sean O'Brian 50, hopefully thats enough training to still enjoy the race.