This is where you can have some fun! I'm not a huge fan of measuring things, so I've been told. I prefer to create on a whim and experiment. Some things turn out amazing, others need work, but PB is something that is hard to mess up. Note: All you need is peanuts, anything else is optional!
- 1 Pint Peanuts (Makes 1/2 pint PB)
- Salt: A few grinder cranks, pink Himalayan is what I used.
- Honey: What stuck to a knife with 1 scoop.
- Olive Oil: A quick pour around the food processor, one lap.
So now that you're interested in making some homemade peanut butter, you're probably curious as to what it costs compared to what you would buy in the store. Well, I've got that for you as well!
Cost: $4.01 - Just Peanuts!
- 1 Pint Mason Jar of unsalted Roasted Peanuts @ $3.29 / lb = $4.01
- Everything else is optional.
- If you don't have a re-usable jar for your bulk food you might need to purchase some of those as well. (it's worth the investment)
Check back again for more "made from scratch" recipes, we're always experimenting and creating! Remember bulk food jars, bags, and other re-usable containers only while at the grocery store! Think about what you would do with all your trash if the magician (Garbage Man) didn't make it go away every week for you! It doesn't actually just disappear. Remember that.